More than speech
Frequently Asked Questions
Voice over IP, or VoIP, is short for Voice over Internet Protocol and refers to the transmission of voice traffic over an Internet connection. In traditional telephony, also known as PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network), users call landlines and mobile numbers over physical telephone lines, cable systems, and networks. However, IP telephony is much more versatile and also provides the ability to transmit voice, data and video to various devices such as smartphones, laptops, tablets and IP phones at a much lower cost.
A 3CX phone system is a PBX, which stands for Private Branch Exchange. This is a private telephone network used within a company. The users of the PBX telephone system can communicate internally (within their company) and externally (with the outside world) through various communication channels such as Voice over IP, ISDN or analog. With a 3CX, you can also have more phones than physical phone lines (PTSN) and make free calls between users. In addition, it offers features such as call forwarding, voicemail, call recording, interactive voice menus (IVRs), and call queuing.
Time and technology have changed the telephony landscape for consumers in recent years, with the Open Standards based IP 3CX as the standard bearer. Now you can make calls using the Internet Protocol technology. 3CX telephone systems are available as hosted or virtual (cloud) solutions and as on-premise solutions on your own hardware.
- Much easier to install and configure than your own phone system.
- With us you are always in control when it comes to your telephone exchange. That's because we host your exchange on a Microsoft Azure server. You are the owner of this server and Lantack is the administrator. The exchange is therefore completely in your own hands, so that you can switch to another party at any time, without migration costs. It's our job to help you so well that this doesn't happen.
- 3CX is easier to manage due to its web-based GUI interface.
- You save significant costs with 3CX, because you get all the features for a fixed price per year.
- You only need a UTP cable (internet cable).
- Prevent vendor lock-in, allowing you to use almost all phones with 3CX.
- An unlimited number of extensions (users) at no extra cost, making 3CX super scalable.
- Accessible anytime, anywhere with the mobile applications for iOS, Android & Windows. In addition, a web application is also available via the browser.